Jeff Moyer wrote:
> Stef Bon <s...@bononline.nl> writes:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I've been working on a solution to make networkresources available via
>> autofs on a dynamic way. After login with help
>> from ConsoleKit a mountpoint is added to the master file of the
>> automounter. This mountpoint is in the homedirectory of the user logging in.
>>
>> This way I've a browseable network map in my home directory for Windows
>> Networks (via cifs), FTP (via curlftpfs/FUSE) and SSH (with sshfs/FUSE).
>> Others, like Novell should be possible.
>>

> This sounds like interesting work.  Do you have it posted somewhere?

Yes, look at:

http://linux.bononline.nl/linux/automountsmbshares/index.php

>> It works with executable maps. Now for some reasons I would like some
>> control over rerrunning the executable map, to make the automounter
>> refresh the autofs data. Now I do not see how to do that. I reload
>> signal does not do that.
>>
>> Is there a way to do this?
>>

> No caching is done for program maps.  They are consulted for every
> single lookup, so you shouldn't have to do anything special.  Is this
> not the behaviour you are observing?

No,

after activating the executable map once, the data provided by the
executable map is kept. I've tested this by
letting the executable map write to an logfile, and it's running seldom.

I can look at the contents of /proc/mounts and here I see the autofs
tree, which is kept. So I do not understand your remark
saying it is consulted every single lookup. Does the option -browse
mather here? I'm using that and because this forces the automounter to
remember the data right?

Stef