As a teacher of high school chemistry, I would like to be able to show
students the molecular orbitals of various molecules using Avogadro
rendered with POV-Ray, which has some stunning effects. I do not have
access to Gaussian sofware and wonder if there are open source cube
files for common molecules? Alternatively, is there any open source
software that I could use as an alternative to Gaussian?

Thanks,

Tim