Are you using FlashDevelop together with Flash IDE?
If you are, try previewing in Browser (F12) instead of previewing in
Flash.
For some reason the preview window won't load external resources and
you get the type of error you're describing.
I've gotten all the examples to work in Flash IDE, but only this way.
Makes debugging a pain, but it works ;)

Cheers,

Pete