Wow, that's really good news! Thank you very much.

Ah, and for all who what to watch it, here is an example from Fabrice:
http://www.closier.nl/broomstick/mergetest.html

... and some addition background information:
http://www.mail-archive.com/away3d-dev@googlegroups.com/msg21091.html

> if your bricks have exact same face count, it would be also easy to alter
> them vertice wize into the buffers.
Yes they are, but this sounds a bit more tricky...

After some code-reading I found out, that after the merge, there is no
access to all my objects I have merged in my master-mesh. To get one
"brick" out (to delete it), i have do some vertice-operation or a
complete rebuild without that deleted brick. is this correct?

Dirk