At 1237076946 time_t, Gregor Best wrote:
> I just realized that my commit history is pretty dirty on that branch (a lot
> of
> merges and such), so i cleaned it a bit and put that into
> git://git.mercenariesguild.net/awesome widget-layout-clean
> that branch has a lot cleaner history and applies onto naquadah/main

Actually, it's not perfect.
I've reworked it a bit:
- rebase on master
- rebase -i with edit of patches that had whitespaces
- rebase -i with edit of patches that had debug printf
- rebase -i with squashing of patches that fixes previous commits (I
  don't need to know you fucked up the commit the first time[1])
- rebase -i with amending of commit descriptions[2]
- Fixed a warning about uninit value in widget.
- Remove "test" modification of awesomerc.lua.in

I ran the code, and saw no error of any kind, just no tasklist at first
glance.

The branch seems pretty clean (as in "that one could be merged"), so I
suggest you continue to work based on it, and rebase it on master
regularly (don't git pull, but git pull --rebase). I won't touch it
myself I just did some cleaning because it's better to do it now that
latter.

Since I might have broke some things, I'll let you check the state of
what I did before we go on some debugging.

Anyhow, thanks for this huge work, Gregor.

[1] If you see that there's a bug in a previous commit, do not add
another commit to fix it: as I said, I don't care you fucked the commit.
You just have to run "rebase -i <commitid>~", then change "pick" with
"edit" on the bad patch. Edit the patch, git add <filename>, git rebase
--continue, and you will have a set of brand new correct patches. And I
won't see your "ooops history" :-)

[2] I prefer to use "awful.widget.tasklist" rather than
"lib/awful/widget/tasklist". The description part of commits is just
informative, you do not need neither to pu the filename (i.e. widget.c)
you edited, git log show that. That just people following commit to see
which part of awesome we did change (wibox, awful.something, etc).

--
Julien Danjou
// ᐰ <jul...@danjou.info>   http://julien.danjou.info