On 24.03.2012 22:30, Julien Danjou wrote:
> So Uli, what's keeping us to release a 3.5 version? :)

Wow. It's been three years and now our overlord jd wants to make people unhappy
with their broken configs again. :-)

AFAIR it was you who taught me that titlebars are our big release blocker. Now
that Emmanuel is working on that (thanks!), I guess we could start thinking
about what we need.

>From the top of my head, I remember that the current "--no-argb" stuff is an
ugly hack to hide the fact that my X11 driver is buggy with ARGB visuals.
https://awesome.naquadah.org/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=837&project=1

Looking at
https://awesome.naquadah.org/bugs/index.php?do=roadmap&project=1
everything else doesn't seem quite that critical (except for FS#773, "titlebar
support missing in master").

So I guess I'd be fine with a release "soon". (Where "soon" depends on when I
can get my bachelor thesis done)

Uli

P.S.: Where does this sudden release interest come from? Could it have anything
to do with me turning cairo-xcb into a supported cairo backend?
--
- Captain, I think I should tell you I've never
  actually landed a starship before.