> > Hi,
> >
> > On 29.10.2012 15:02, Alexander H wrote:
> > > Since some time on the git-master the awful promt does not adhere to
> > > the set keyboard-layout.
> > > I was wondering how I can set this or if this perhaps is an unintended
> > > regression.
> >
> > I don't think that I messed with anything keyboard layout related. Ever.
> >
> > It would be great if you could ask "git bisect" to figure out when this
> > started.
> > Google should be able to tell you more.
> >

> Wasn't it the xkbcomp or some other related package which broke the way
> awesome handles things? IIRC it was 1.13 version or something similar...
> Awesome wouldn't be aware of any other layouts configured via Xorg,
> however, if you set you layout individually using setxkbmap command,
> then everything is fine.
>
> To cut it short, the following does not work
>
>     setxkbmap "gb, de"
>
> But these 2 do work individually.
>
>     setxkbmap gb
>     setxkbmap de
>
> I hope I am clear enough... :)
>
> Cheers,
> Ignas

No, that does not work. Not in my case anyways.
working: v3.4-768-ged9f218
broken: v3.4-769-g531f8b4

I'm using Arch Linux and used awesome-git as found on the AUR. I've
set my keyboard layout to de-latin1-nodeadkeys.
Not sure what information would be of use to you, so just let me know
if you need something else/more.