Hi,

On 13.08.2013 12:24, rumpe...@web.de wrote:
[...]
For example I'm working on screen 1 on tag 1. Screen 2 shows tag 2. Now, I'm
switching to tag 3 (Mod4+3) on screen 2. Tag 3 is showed and the first
client
gets the focus. But, the mouse pointer keeps on screen 1.

How are you switching tags on screens that don't have the mouse pointer?

[...]
In the attachment you will find an patch to solve this problem.
[...]

The first part seems to be an unrelated change. For some reason you replace the loop that unselects tag with a call to viewnone().

The second part of the patch adds "capi.mouse.screen = t.screen" (which btw wouldn't work on awesome 3.5). This moves the mouse pointer to the top-left corner of the screen on every tag switch. That is not really something nice.

Why do you have to patch awful to make this work? I would suggest to do all of this in your rc.lua. Either at the place that does the tag switch or via some signal magic: (Untested, might contain 3.5-specific things)

awful.tag.attached_add_signal(nil, "property::selected", function(t)
  if t.selected then
    mouse.screen = t.screen
  end
end)