Hi again,

On 04.02.2014 17:22, Wojciech Zygmunt Porczyk wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 10:57:03AM +0100, Uli Schlachter wrote:
>>>
>>> Uhm, isn't this already possible today?
>> [...]
>
>> Sorry, I missed the tasklist part. Still, I'd rather "fix this properly"
>> (whatever that means) instead of adding a special case for prefixes. Sorry.
>
>> I guess that this part of awful was better in 3.4...
>
> Nah, i wrote it on 3.4 and ported to 3.5 (s/add_sig/connect_sig/). Git
> blame says tasklist assembly sits there (with minimal touches) since at
> least 2009, maybe
> earlier.
>
> I agree this is special case. Still, what would be a "proper fix"?
> User-configurable format function (like in almost all contrib widget
> libraries), which would accept client object and return text to display?

I just opened the following issue[0] which is partly motivated by this patch and
partly motivated by "need moar flexibilities". Hopefully this will get done
eventually and you can use this.

Feel free to complain if I missed something. Together with the rc.lua-"patch"
that I wrote in an earlier reply, that should make it possible to include
c.machine in both the titlebar and the tasklist.

Cheers,
Uli

[0]: https://awesome.naquadah.org/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=1230
--
A learning experience is one of those things that say,
'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.'