On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Uli Schlachter <psyc...@znc.in> wrote:

> --

I have been using gdm on this machine. My other computer has the same setup,
but I use slim instead of gdm. I checked, and awesome's stderr is going
directly to
/var/log/slim.log there. I like this behavior better so I put slim on all my
machines now.

I went through the Gentoo locale guides the previous night, and setup urxvt
to recognize utf8. Amongst all those changes, special chars work fine now.

I appreciate your time Uli.
Thanks,
Alan