On 27.01.2012 09:04, Alexander Yakushev wrote:
Hello everyone,

Today I for the first time tried to use a composite manager (to be able
to use transparent wiboxes in git/master version, as Uli suggested). I
started with xcompmgr and the wiboxes went transparent just fine... with
all of my windows. Changing any settings in the xcompmgr command line
does nothing, the windows stay transparent. Then I used cairo-compmgr,
turned all transparency options off and it is still there. I use awesome
v3.4-617-gc6e9208 run with --no-argb flag.

Funny thing is that when I try running xcompmgr in a Xephyr session,
everything works just fine (wiboxes are transparent, windows are not).
Same for cairo-compmgr.

Any ideas how can I fix that?

Since I don't have any good ideas, let's try some bad ones:

objects/client.c, line 420:

xcb_create_window(globalconf.connection, globalconf.default_depth, c->frame_window, s->root,
                      wgeom->x, wgeom->y, wgeom->width, wgeom->height,
wgeom->border_width, XCB_COPY_FROM_PARENT, globalconf.visual->visual_id,
                      XCB_CW_BACK_PIXEL | XCB_CW_BORDER_PIXEL |
XCB_CW_BIT_GRAVITY
| XCB_CW_WIN_GRAVITY | XCB_CW_OVERRIDE_REDIRECT | XCB_CW_EVENT_MASK
                      | XCB_CW_COLORMAP,
                      (const uint32_t [])
                      {
                          globalconf.screen->black_pixel,
                          globalconf.screen->black_pixel,
                          XCB_GRAVITY_NORTH_WEST,
                          XCB_GRAVITY_NORTH_WEST,
                          1,
                          FRAME_SELECT_INPUT_EVENT_MASK,
                          globalconf.default_cmap
                      });

(Sorry for the line breaks in here)

There are two places in there where "globalconf.screen->black_pixel" is used. Could you replace both of them with "0xffffffff" and report back?

However, since this works with Xephyr, I'm a little tempted to just blame your driver.

Uli