On 04.05.2012 19:57, Hong Shick Pak wrote:
> I'm new to mailing lists so I don't think my last reply (the following
> message) got through. Here's me reposting it.
>
> From what I take it, I need to create a wibox.layout, define custom
> margins and stick my widget in it?
>
> I'm new to lua and awesome so I'm again lost at what to do...
> I did give it my best shot though:
>
> local membar_wibar = wibox.layout.flex.horizontal()
> wibox.layout.margin.set_margins(membar_wibar, 5)
> membar_wibar:add(memwidget)
> local layout = wibox.layout.align.horizontal()
> layout:set_right(membar_wibar)
>
> mywibox[s]:set_widget(layout)
>
> I see my widget, but the margins don't seem to take effect.

local membar_wibar = wibox.layout.flex.horizontal()
membar_wibar:add(memwidget)
local layout = wibox.layout.align.horizontal()
local margin = wibox.layout.margin()
margin:set_margins(5)
margin:set_widget(member_wibar)
layout:set_right(margin)

mywibox[s]:set_widget(layout)

There is no old "magic table" where one can define margins. Instead, margins are
now a real layout class from which you create an instance etc.

> Also, where would I put the new line of code for the gradient colors?
> I don't know what I'm supposed to call anyone.

Uhm, I'm not sure where you are using this. The gradient color stuff was
previously just available on graphs, right?

Anyway, I guess you want set_color().

local p = awful.widget.progressbar()
p:set_color({ type = "linear", from = { 0, 0 }, to = { 10, 0 },
     stops = { { 0, "#ff0000" }, { 1, "#00ff00" } } })

Uli
--
"For saving the Earth.. and eating cheesecake!"