Thanks!

I hadn't tried that - Now I have - It worked!

To get it to happen automagically I added this in the signals...

        -- Automatically float certain windows
        if c.name == "david2" then
                awful.client.fullscreen.set(c, true)
        end

Then I realised it was my own fault as I had actually caused it myself when
I'd done this some time back...

        -- Adjust the geometry settings so windows do not cover the tray
        if not (c.name == "david" or c.name == "Guake!") then
                local geometry = c:geometry()
                if geometry.y < mywibox[c.screen]:geometry().y +
mywibox[c.screen]:geometry().height then
                        geometry.y = mywibox[c.screen]:geometry().y +
mywibox[c.screen]:geometry().height + c.border_width
                        c:geometry(geometry)
                end
        end

Doh! Added  <or c.name == "david2"> and it gave me what I'd expected. Thanks
for the reply as it got me back on track!

PS: Must investigate if fullscreen is a better choice or if the geometry
idea was a good one - comments welcome!

Thanks again!