Hello,

there has been some noise about the api changes during minor version
steps. [1]

For myself i documented the steps to build awesome on debian in the
wiki. [2] [3] Please give any hints, if there are better solutions. Also
i am curious what was in the './build-debian' script, that somehow
disappeared. [4]

Regarding the config changes I wonder what could be a proper solution
to deal with this in the future. Maybe it is possible to break down all
changes to patches that are applied to during package installation.
> attempt to call field 'add_signal' (a nil value)
> E: awesome: main:524: couldn't find any rc file
For this specific case i put an one-liner to the config update notes
[5], but I am quite sure there are more elegant ways. Maybe it is
possible to automate this for users?

export AWCONF=/etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua; \
for pattern in 's/add_signal/connect_signal/' \
's/remove_signal/disconnect_signal/' \
's/^require\("(naughty|beautiful|awful)"\)/\1 = \0/'; \
do sed -r "$pattern" < $AWCONF > $AWCONF.new;done

All the best,
kardan

[2] https://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Awesome-3-debian
[3] https://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Awesome-3-git-debian