Did some more work. I saw on the mail archive that my mail was malformed.
Corrected lines and have shown them below.

*-- Create a battery widgetmybatt = wibox.widget.textbox()
bashets.register("battery.sh", {widget="mybatt", format="$1",
update_time=300, separator="|"})*

*-- Widgets that are aligned to the right    local right_layout =
wibox.layout.fixed.horizontal()    if s == 1 then
right_layout:add(wibox.widget.systray()) end    right_layout:add(mybatt)
    right_layout:add(mytextclock)    right_layout:add(mylayoutbox[s])*

Like I mentioned, battery.sh gets executed as per the update schedule. I
created a notification after bashets.start

naughty.notify({title = "Debug Message", text = mybatt.text})

I got a message with no text. Looks like mybatt.text is nil. Does this mean
bashets is not passing the value as expected?

-- Mohan Sundaram