The fix looks like it should do something useful :-), and appears harmless for other WMs. The only thing is you will need to have 1) a bug id, 2) an AWT sponsor who can request of the release team if this fix can go into JDK 7 as we already froze to work towards RC.
So the repos aren't "open" any more. Only approved fixes can go in.
There was email on this a couple of weeks ago.

-phil.