This is a follow-up to thread from June [1] where I proposed deprecating the SecurityManager checkTopLevelWindow, checkSystemClipboardAccess, checkTopLevelWindow methods.

At the time then Anthony agreed with the spec change but I didn't come back with a final webrev and get the change pushed. I've been on my "to do" list for a while and I'm only getting to it now. Here's the updated webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/8008981/webrev.02/

The spec changes are the same as what we had in June, it's just a re-based patch. I've also added a test and I'm open to suggests as to whether to put this (alternatively it can be split up, with separate tests for Toolkit and Window if needed).

Thanks,
Alan.

[1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2013-June/005019.html