I'll let someone familiar with how the AWT/Swing use all of those metrics respond on whether you've scaled all the right ones, but I wanted to make a minor comment about how the scaling is done.

If you inverted it so that scale was 96f/dpi then you could use multiplication everywhere instead of division. Since this code is only executed once on startup (I presume) that isn't all that important, but if we were to use it in other code on the fly then it might add up. (This is not an issue with the fix, just a comment.)

                        ...jim