On 15.10.15 9:57, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
- Why did you add a check to the new constructor of FocusEvent? This
check should be done already in the EventObject, and executes before
your new check? Is it a typo and it should be cause? When why do not
throw an NPE? The test should verify this also.

Please review the modified fix
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ssadetsky/8080395/webrev.01/

The new version has the same issue as in previous, removed code had a typo:
252         if (source == null)
253             throw new IllegalArgumentException("null cause");

I assume it should be reverted and updated to:
252 if (cause == null)
253 throw new IllegalArgumentException("null cause");

Since you update the serialVersionUID then the comment is not valid anymore: "JDK 1.1 serialVersionUID".

Also I have requested an additional clarification from the core libs team to confirm that we have an ability to change serialVersionUID in the major release.