Hello Sergey,

Thank you for the notes.

> Do you have some thoughts why this test cannot be converted to auto test?

The following parts of the test scenario:

- "Please try to drag both parent and child, do it fast several times and check if no artifacts occur." (not very valuable part of the test, but I've seen these artifacts (only once) after fast and long dragging from one display to another, so probably it is better to save it, just in case). - "For Mac OS X please check also the behavior for translucent windows appearing on the 2nd (non-active) display"

are hardly automated; especially for Mac OS X because the translucent window on the 2nd "inactive" display sometimes occurs but sometimes not, and I doubt if it could be predicted exactly where and when it should occur when dragging and when stopping dragging (and even change color; - e.g. we can see part of the "1x" image on "2x" display, if its other part is still on the "1x" display together with cursor). Please note also that the drag behavior for Mac OS X differs, from e.g., Ubuntu Linux: while dragging the parent dialog we also drag its child (whereas for Ubuntu this is not the case).

Moreover, the test requires not very trivial hardware configuration (HiDPI + non-HiDPI displays, ) which, probably, occurs rarely.

So I believe that the manual test has more chances to be run than automated (and is less prone to false negative); and attempts to automate it will bring more headache than gain.

> Note that MultiRes image can be created at runtime, it will be good to cover this also.
Will look at this, thanks.

Regards,
Alexander

P.S.: probably some simpler test cases could be automated: e.g., switching display resolution and checking correctness of the multires. image displayed, but I'd like to make that separately.