Hi Sergey,

Here is a proposed fix for JDK9, it removes the dependencies on GTK
and use only X11 calls:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~neugens/8150954/webrev.02/

I only tried this on a RHEL 7.2 so far but it seems to compile and
work as expected, and doesn't require to regenerate the configure
machinery either.

I'm not sure if you prefer to go to the extra length of using dynamic
XRender will likely also have XComposite (even if no composite manager
is around), but I don't know for sure.

I'm still not totally convinced we should use X11 directly, instead we
should probably move to using GTK always[1], but I realise this is the
longest path[2].

Cheers,
Mario

[1] GTK3 possibly.
[2] And of course, I'm totally willing to help here.