This seems fine to me although as mentioned off-line
I think the test could be made to run on all platforms.

-phil.

On 7/11/16, 3:04 AM, Ajit Ghaisas wrote:

Hi,

    This is the fix for JVM crash bug.

Root Cause :

newInsets() method in java.desktop/windows/native/libawt/windows/ThemeReader.cpp file tries to access AwtToolkit::insetsMID method id.

In awt headless mode, this method id is not initialized. Trying to access it results in JVM crash.

Fix :

Creating an object of 'Insets' class is allowed in awt headless mode. (Refer to existing test - test/java/awt/Insets/HeadlessInsets.java)

AwtToolkit::insetsMID method is a handle to the constructor of Insets class.

The fix for this bug is to Initialize the AwtToolkit::insetsMID even in awt headless mode.

This is achieved by invoking native method initIDs() from Toolkit.java static initializer block -- this was avoided in headless mode using a check. I have removed this check.

Webrev :

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aghaisas/8159956/webrev.00 <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Eaghaisas/8159956/webrev.00>

    Request you to review.

Regards,