+1

-phil.

On 07/13/2016 11:52 PM, Ajit Ghaisas wrote:

Thanks Phil.

I have updated the test as discussed. Here is the updated webrev.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aghaisas/8159956/webrev.01/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Eaghaisas/8159956/webrev.01/>

Regards,

Ajit

*From:*Philip Race
*Sent:* Wednesday, July 13, 2016 10:11 PM
*To:* Ajit Ghaisas
*Cc:* Semyon Sadetsky; awt-dev@openjdk.java.net
*Subject:* Re: [9] Fix for JDK-8159956 : EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in sun.awt.windows.ThemeReader.getThemeMargins

This seems fine to me although as mentioned off-line
I think the test could be made to run on all platforms.

-phil.

On 7/11/16, 3:04 AM, Ajit Ghaisas wrote:

    Hi,

        This is the fix for JVM crash bug.

    Root Cause :

        newInsets() method in
    java.desktop/windows/native/libawt/windows/ThemeReader.cpp file
    tries to access AwtToolkit::insetsMID method id.

        In awt headless mode, this method id is not initialized.
    Trying to access it results in JVM crash.

    Fix :

       Creating an object of 'Insets' class is allowed in awt headless
    mode. (Refer to existing test -
    test/java/awt/Insets/HeadlessInsets.java)

       AwtToolkit::insetsMID method is a handle to the constructor of
    Insets class.

       The fix for this bug is to Initialize the AwtToolkit::insetsMID
    even in awt headless mode.

       This is achieved by invoking native method initIDs() from
    Toolkit.java static initializer block -- this was avoided in
    headless mode using a check. I have removed this check.

    Webrev :

    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~aghaisas/8159956/webrev.00
    <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Eaghaisas/8159956/webrev.00>

        Request you to review.