On 19.10.2016 18:26, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
On 17.10.16 10:35, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
It should not be closed as not a bug, the location of the popus should
be recalculated based on the GC size.
As I already explain to you it should be a separate bug. GC is assumed
to be changed when window is moved to another screen but this doesn't
happen on Linux. It was initially designed this way.
This current bug is a regression fix. It just reverts the way it has
been always working.

The code which you tried to revert if not correct. The previous change was done as a fix for HiDPI support. Lots of our code depends from the XWindow.scaleUp/scaleDown/getScale which ware implemented on top of graphicsConfig. If it was not updated then this is a serious bug.
XWindow.scaleUp/scaleDown/getScale do not depend on screen on Linux.

I filed a separate bug to fix Toolkit.getScreenSize() on unix.
probably you meant https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8168307

I proposed to do same to investigate the problem. Does it mean that you approve the current fix?

But severity of this bug is rather low because it is internal problem that does not affect user experience. It may be deferred to the next major JDK release.

Also note, that the same bug was already closed as "won't fix" before: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-5100801

--Semyon