Hi, Mario.

The code change looks fine, but could you confirm the new behavior align with
the native applications?

On 10/25/19 6:52 am, Mario Torre wrote:
On Tue, 2019-10-08 at 11:42 +0200, Mario Torre wrote:

Ping?

Cheers,
Mario

Hi all,

I filed a bug related to how mouse wheel interact with focus events:

The issue seems to be that we still consider mouse button
press/release the wheel event. This is a bit tricky since X11 doesn't
really have the concept of mouse wheel but those events are indeed
synthesized from button press and converted into the scoll-up/down
logic, furthermore, it's possible to remap the buttons from the
de-facto standard of button 4 and 5 to anything else, however I'm not
sure how to detect which button is configured for the mouse wheel.

In this patch I introduced a couple of new constants in
XConstants.java for now hard coded to button 4 and 5, but we can
refactor later if needed the way those constants are filled (or if
anyone has an idea I'll be happy to fix this right away):

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~neugens/JDK-8231991/webrev.00/

I also added a test case. The fix is essentially to skip the focus
logic if this is a mouse wheel event. I tried with a few different
configurations and all seems to work correctly, but I appreciate
feedback here since this areas is rather tricky.

I aim at backporting this fix - if approved - all the way down to 8,
I'm not sure if the addition of those two constants is accepted
however in the backports, perhaps I should just hard code the values
for these instead?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Cheers,
Mario