I'm not sure if in the meantime you want to backout the change?

I'm not sure either.
We are trying to get a clean sheet on the Linux headful tests - although
there are a lot that are problem listed.

If we can't figure this out very soon, we'll minimally have to problem list
these tests
and have another bug open to address the cause .. well I suppose we need a bug
regardless
so I've filed https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8234107.
That can either be used for backout, follow on fix, or problem listing but
if we use it for backout or problem listing someone will need to file a new bug
to track the re-fix.

-phil.