On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 22:59:43 GMT, Kevin Rushforth <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Ajit Ghaisas has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Lanai PR#179 - 8261402 - avu
>>  - Lanai PR#178 - 8261273 - avu
>
> src/java.desktop/macosx/native/libawt_lwawt/java2d/metal/MTLTexurePool.m line
> 29:
>
>> 27: #import "Trace.h"
>> 28:
>> 29: #define SCREEN_MEMORY_SIZE_4K (4096*2160*4) //~33,7 mb
>
> This means that a 4k display with a narrower aspect ratio wouldn't fit
> (assuming there ever were to be such a thing). What would happen if you
> encountered a screen that was, say, 4k * 2.5K?

This parameter manages our caching strategy for the temporary texture pool.
Huge texture allocations 4K/2 size will cause texture pool drain. We need some
more profiling to just these parameters. And I think we need to use Metal API
(https://developer.apple.com/documentation/metal/mtldevice/2369280-recommendedmaxworkingsetsize?language=objc)
 in the future to adjust the amount of memory that we should use.