On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 13:32:01 GMT, Alexander Zuev <kiz...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> > If you need a new functionality and CSR I wonder how it currently works on
> > Windows and macOS, or it does not work?
>
> Haven't tested this functionality on Windows, on macOS with current JDK it
> does not work at all. After entering the JSlider interaction mode VoiceOver
> does not announce the a11y shortcuts and the attempt to invoke said shortcuts
> do nothing.

Yes, as Alex pointed out, it does not work on MacOS. The VO only announces the
value and user can not modify the slider values using VO shortcut keys.

I saw the windows code and I did not see anything where the current value of a
component is being set. I tested this by running JAWS as well. When a JSlider
is in focus, JAWS announces the slider values and then says "To increase or
decrease, use the arrow keys". The keys are being handled by JAVA only and JAWS
is not doing any part in it. To verify this, I commented the code to handle
keys events in Java and slider value does not change. So looks like this does
not work on Windows as well.

If these changes are too intrusive, I can go with the second approach of
getting and setting the current values of slider in
performincrement/performdecrement functions in SliderAccessibility.m. I am not
sure if this will be correct approach, but it will be less intrusive and will
not need a CSR.