> On Mar 18, 2021, at 6:35 PM, Philip Race <philip.r...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Many of the com.apple APIs were obsoleted in JDK 9 with
> http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/272 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/272>
>
> We (you and I) even discussed this and the absence from there of FileManager
> 3 1/2 years ago
> https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2017-September/013120.html
> <https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2017-September/013120.html>
>
> It was left off that you wrote here
> https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2017-September/013131.html
> <https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2017-September/013131.html>
>
> > All right. If RFE is in fact the correct way to go in resolving the status
> > of the code I will try to figure out how to do that.
>
> And you did in fact file such an RFE
> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8187981> but unfortunately it seems
> to be in "other-libs" and I don't know who even looks at that category and
> don't know what really belongs there.
> core-libs would have been better. I've moved it but it probably needs more
> than that to get action.

I remember talking about it and at least temporarily kept it from getting
eliminated. Appreciated that. I don’t remember the RFE.

Google
com.apple.eio.FileManager 2020
19,300 hits.
How many are active current actual uses I don’t know.

I have a sort of involved workaround I will go ahead on.

Up to you if you think there’s not enough use left to continue providing it.
But it is not internal if that’s why it’s gone.