> On Jun 28, 2021, at 7:51 AM, Alan Snyder <javali...@cbfiddle.com> wrote:
>
> Hmm… it appears that in removing JavaNativeFoundation from the JDK the name
> of the run loop was changed from AWTRunLoopMode to javaRunLoopMode.
>
> If that is correct, it is an incompatible change that breaks third party use
> of JavaNativeFoundation for running code on the main thread.
>
> It also sounds like a gratuitous change.

Since AWT stopped using it, how supported is JavaNativeFoundation going forward
for the JDK? Not that this means it’s ok to break other code using it without
some reason.

There is directly?
performSelectorOnMainThread
You can even do a java callback from the selector to do java on the main
thread. I had some code going back to Apple Java to do that.