Can u use the chart of account setup for this where dimensions are to be filled in?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 9:09 AM
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] is there any where to check that a dimension value on inventorytrans

I hope someone can help me,

Whenever an inventtrans is created/updated etc I want to check that one of
the dimensions is set.  This is because I have created an inventory movement
report that assumes the dimension is always set but I dont want to have to
go round every place in the system and put mandatory/checks as this will
take forever, so I am hoping there is one place I can catch this.

If the dimension is blank I would want to give an error and abort the
operation the user was doing.  If I was to put such checking in the
validatewrite of the inventtrans I am not confident as I think it maybe too
late as I know there are a lot of processing that is done before inventtrans
is finally updated...

Thanks
James

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor