First of all. 1433 Is the AOS port if you run in a 3-tiered environment. This is the only port you need then. You can specify any other port in the configuration file also.

If you run in a 2-tiered environment, you have to open 1521, which is standard SQL-server port.

You don’t have to open 35, which is COM, as this is the Ax client, and is running on the web server.

Morten

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28. oktober 2004 15:19
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Antwort: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Axapta Enterprise Portal behind a Firewall

Tank you for the fast answer.
I will try it.

Hi,

I have Axapta client for EP on Server on DMZ of firewall. The SQL and App Server are both on Trusted side of firewall.

You have to allow HTTP from External to DMZ  (Port 80). You have to allow

COM (Port 35) from DMZ to Trusted. You have to allow SQL (Port 1433) from DMZ to Trusted.

I think this is minimum configuration on firewall to get it working. It isn’t the most secure way to setup the firewall IMHO though.

If someone has better solution I would like to hear about it too.

Luck,

David