Hi Subbu,
  what you need to do is select the voucher series (in
the number sequence) and check if there are any open
nos (select the button and it will display if any nos
are left undecided). delete them and then ones again
create the journal. this is a bug in axapta, even
though the num seq is used sometimes it leave them
open.

hope this will solve ur problem.

cheers,
girish
 --- vaibhav pednekar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

---------------------------------
hello
try setting up different voucher number series for
different Journals, and also create journals for
different set of user groups.

try it.

regards
vaibhav
--- Subrahmanyam Mamidi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello to every functional experts,
>
> I have a Priority 1 Ticket in my queue and needs to
> resolved ASAP.
> The problem description is : "User attempts to open
> a general journal in the ledger. Gets the error:
> "Journal name may not be changed when vouchers have
> been opened.""
> I verified  GL/setup/paramaters/Number
> sequence/Journal. I saw there are no duplicate
> Journals with the same Number sequence.
>
> Basically, when they are trying to create a journal,
> the line they got was already assigned by another
> journal.
>

> Any Idea how to solve this as I am under gunshot....
>

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Subbu

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com