I have experimented with Enterprise Portal and I got it to without going thru an AOS (2-Tier). However, if there are a lot of users that will be accessing Axapta thru the Enterprise Portal you will have to think about scalability. Going thru the AOS you will have reasonable performance with additional users as the number of users grow but with 2-Tier the performance will fall drastically when the number of users exceed a certain limit which depends on things like sever specs and type of communication links.

Varden Morris

J. Wray & Nephew Ltd. - Group I.S.

234 Spanish Town Road

Kingston 11, Jamaica, W.I.

Phone:  (876) - 923 - 6141 Ext. 2400, 2412
Fax:      (876) - 923 - 5372

Cell:      (876) - 3833566
Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

            [EMAIL PROTECTED]

James Flavell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I would just like to check, is an Axapta Object server required for
Enterprise portal?  In the MBS price list it is not a pre requisite but I am
not sure if that is because it is assummed one comes in the Base Package.
My problem is I have old customer who bought the professional version of
Axapta (no longer offered) and so do not have any AOS in their license.

Thanks
James

Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/ms-tnef name=winmail.dat

Do you Yahoo!?

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here