Hello Masters !

 I need your valuable advices on this!.

 Our system is live for last one year. Obviously we have a lot of transactions and Inventory closings.
 Now as our business in growing in a fast pace, management decided to have a regrouping of items and also the costing methods in our factory.
 As per the new standards, we are changing all the Item group names, also some items will belong to different group itself after the changes.
 We are also changing weighted avg costing method to FIFO.
 I have not done this in any of my previous implementations and I am not very sure of the issues that may come up after the change.
 How does these changes affect the system.
 Someone please explain me the implication of the change and also the best ways to do this. What is the best time to do this?. Before year end? . After closing the stock? etc ....

All great thoughts are appreciated !! :-)

Happy new year !
--
Abin.