From: frodnew57 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 12:23 PM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Price Variance Transactions

Our company keeps both its finished and raw material inventory on a
standard cost basis.  The system is recording the difference between
the price paid for goods purchased and the standard value to the
price variance account - and that is fine.

But, when goods are returned from a customer and put back to
inventory, and the standard cost has changed since the goods were
initially shipped, the system is also creating a price variance
entry.  The negative cost of goods sold entry is being made at the
old cost of sales and inventory is being updated based on the current
cost - hence the difference.  Is there any way to disable this
portion of the price variance functionality?  We would prefer price
variance entries be based strictly on purchases - never on sales
activities.  Or at a minimum be able to segregate these types of
entries.

We want to hold the purchasing department responsible for managing
the price variances, but the returns issue clouds the water.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bruce

http://us.click.yahoo.com/EpW3eD/3MnJAA/cosFAA/kGEolB/TM