hi Rocco

I really dont have any idea what I am talking about but.....

Axapta will always try to fetch ahead the records. May be you can change the setting in the configuration utility to limit this fetch ahead? Worth exploring?

regards

harry

Rocco Giumelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi All

I am in the middle developing a Web portal PDA for our service personel on the road. When I put in the Itemid on the Web Form, the default lookup for the item table, is very slow on the PDA device, but on the internet browser (On the PC) it seems much quicker. When I Remove the Itemid field from the web form the PDA returns to an acceptable speed.

My guess is that it is trying to load the whole item table on every line of the web form as it refreshes or adds a new line

Does anyone know of a way so I can keep the lookup functionality, but maintain the speed on the PDA Device

Thanks in Advance

Rocco Giumelli
IT MANAGER
Metric Australia Pty Ltd