No experience with Nod32, but I can tell you that a lot of anti-virus packages nowadays implement some sort of rudimentary firewall, so I am not surprised if that seems to be the problem.

Cisco clients are only blocking when running, so that shouldn't be a constant source of the problem.

Let me know what happens after you get your network support team to disable Nod32.

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 3:15 AM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Debugger bugger

hi Jesper

I have narrowed down the problem to an anti-virus software called Nod32. Have u had issues with this software?

Working in a corporate environment makes it so hard to finger around with such problems. I have to get someone from our network support team to run the diagnostic that you have suggested and disable Nod 32 to see if it solves the issue.

I do not have the Cisco client installed but not running all the time.

regards

harry

Jesper Kehlet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The debugger (AxDebug.exe) is communicating with Axapta (ax32.exe) solely through TCP/IP.  If you have problems connecting to the debugger, you should take a good look at any applications you have running.  Problem with the damn thing is that it doesn't hook on a well known port, but it changes with each Ax32.exe that starts it up.

And to comment on the Office issue:  I am running 2003 SP1 just like you, and I am having no problems whatsoever.  The Axapta debugger is not dependent on a particular version of MS Office, it is ONLY dependent on a well-functioning TCP/IP stack.

Another issue could be if you have a Cisco VPN Client running -- or maybe another intrusive VPN client that installs deterministic drivers and all kinds of funky stuff.

So I can only advise you to check your network configuration in details...  Use a sniffer, netstat, all available tools...