From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Myrl Stadnick
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 1:25 PM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Upgrading Axapta 2.5MP to Axsapta 3.0 sp3.

I am in the process of Upgrading Axapta 2.5MP to Axsapta 3.0 sp3.

I did not have an adequate server and tried to Syncronize the database it took 3 days.

I have rented a server with 6 GB of memory dual 2.8 Xeon processors on a Compaq DL380 server.

The syncronize now only takes a few hours but I am having a problem with the data Update.  I seem to get locked processes when trying to do the update.
The jobs that get hung up will not show executing in the data update cockpit.  But do show as executing in the Batch list.

I understand that we can open up many clients to do the update quicker; but immediatly after opening up more than two clients (DataUpdate Cockpit, and the client to run Jobs.)  I get locked processes and Sql will not release the locked process.  I can kill the clients and the AXDB database will recover itself after about 6 hours sometimes longer.

Regards,
Myrl Stadnick