hi

Say Sales order is on Warehouse MW, Location A1
Say Purchase order is received on Warehouse MW, Location A2

Say a transfer journal is posted from MW-A1 to MW-A2

Your sales order is still on MW-A1 so Axapta cannot reserve the stock against MW-A2.

However, the sales order inventory line status remains ReservPhysical this is incorrect since there is no stock in MW-A1 to reserve against. This is a bug.

What you could perhaps do is

Class: InventUpdate.

Copy method "UpdateReserveAgain" to a new method called say UpdateReserveAgainPhysical" (or pass new paramters to the existing method").

The above method looks for transaction that are reserveOrdered, you will have to change this to look for transactions that are reservedPhysical.

next look at method writeInventTrans line 75 and 76 has the following code.

    if (reserveAgainDimId)
        this.updateReserveAgain(reserveAgainDimId,_inventTrans.qty);
Insert your own code after these lines ..say...

    if (_inventTrans.Qty <0 && !reserveAgainDimId && _inventTrans.TransType == InventTransType::InventTransfer)
        this.newmthod(_inventTrans.inventDimId ,_inventTrans.qty *-1);

This will atleast set the status of the sales order back to "Ordered"

I have not tested this to find out side-effects but something like this should work.

regards

harsh

Girish Bhatkal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi harsh,

here is the scenario in detail

1. i create a PO for an Item A in warehouse MW and
location 001. i receive the Item A in location 001.

2. Now i create a SO (with auto reservation) for Item
A and warehouse MW.  Now the system will automatically
reserve the received item.

3. Now since 002 is the outbound location the user
wants to move  (transfer journal) the item from
location 001 to 002.

4. right now since the item was already reserved, the
user has to first go to the sales line , unreserve the
line. then make the transfer journal posting. then go
back to sales line and reserve again.

5. the requirement was that when the transfer journal
is posted, the system should first find the reserved
sales line (if pick list not posted) and unreserve it.
Now the transfer posting should be complted and then
again the reservation to the sales line has to be done
(as this time it will be from new location).

i hope the query is clear now. if you have worked on
something like this then let me know.
  have a nice week end.
cheers,
Girish