Title: Message

Hi

I am thinking of writing a report that prints information from several Axapta companies but do not want to have to use the changeCompany function because I want a select (or query) to be able to run through all the records to consolidate records with same values and so I would like to use groupby rather than manually have to do this with change company and temp tables etc.

Is this possible or will all Axapta select statements and queries always be defaulted to filter by the current company I am in? Is there anyway to turn this default behaviour off for a given select or query?

I guess I can write direct SQL in Axapta but I have never done this and so am not sure the syntax to handle the returned records/results so would prefer to do it using std Axapta if possible. If it is only possible with direct SQL I would apprecaite some help as how to handle the results coming back.

Can I make use of views for this?  Basically it is transactional data I want to be able to report on (e.g. ledgertrans, custinvtrans, projecttrans).

Thanks

James