Hi Hennie,

I really don;t know what SARBOX audit. I guess its something I should be aware of.

1. what is SARBOX audit?
2. Why is it needed for a Axapta partner?

I hear that we have an upcoming audit............But not sure if its SARBOX.

Can you please inform me if I need to learn something ?.

Appreciate your help.
Thanks & Regards,
subbu

Hennie Potgieter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

We just went through a massive worldwide SARBOX audit and in myself and
our auditors' opinion, Axapta is not SOX compliant.  We did pass the
audit however because of the implementation of a number of mitigating
controls.

Some of the issues were:
1.  Source version control and project locking in Axapta is
insufficient.
2.  Development tools need to be enabled in live environment to be able
to import XPO's from test environment.  This was a major problem.
3.  The fact that projects (XPO's) need to be recompiled in the live
environment after importing (you may not recompile code in live)
4.  Axapta does'nt automatically force a password change after first
logon when the Administrator resets your password.
5.  Passwords can be cleared through the database.
6.  Data model changes are made by developers through the AOS and not
the DBA.

These were only some of the issues/shortcomings that came up.  Cannot
think of everything right now.

Ironic thing is that in 1995 the USA proclaimed the "Paper Reduction
Act" and now with SARBOX additional, filed paperwork with signoffs for
just about everything is encouraged.

Hennie