Hi!
Imagine your ZipCode table contains about 100.000 records. When you
are in the CustTable form where the customer has a zipcode at the
end of the table and you click on the lookup button, Axapta will
open the form and then you'll have to wait and wait and wait until
Axapta found the record.

The reason for this is that Axapta uses the "findrecord" command in
the FRM ZipCodeLookup, method run.
What makes me curious now is that a "normal" lookup will have the
same result but much much faster. I emptied the "FormHelp" property
for EDT ZipCodeID and the result is amazing: Axapta is placed on the
correct record in milliseconds.

Question now: how does the standard lookup form position itself on
the correct record? Obviously it uses another algorithm but which
one?

Thanx and best regards,
Helmut
http://axaptafreak.blogspot.com

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hi01s8i/M=362131.6882500.7825259.1493532/D=groups/S=1705001380:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123604523/A=2889190/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet
Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>