From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Subrahmanyam, Mamidi
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 1:50 PM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Need some Help/thoughts

Hi Guys,

I am in real shit. I am trying to see if  any one has any experiences on changing the AmountCur and AmountMst to 4 decimals.

Here is my scenario.

My Europe customer  wanted to see 4 digits on Discounts and Qty on Sales Order module.

Initially we changed AMountCur and  AmountMST, QTy EDTs to 4 decimals and curreny to 4 decimals in the exchange section. Then everything is started shon up to 4 digits and finance people wanted not to see 4 digits. Yes, it true they don;t want .

What we did was, we created an extended data type inheriting from AmountCur and AmountMST  && changing the currency Decimals to 4 digits 0.0001 and fullfilled their needs.

  As time went on, we now have problems in ledgerSettlements , Journals, and invoices etc etc  duw to the last 2 digits out of 4 digits.

Since all these use LedgerTrans Table in one or other way, LedgerTrans now contains 2 dgits or 4 digits Amounts and they are not tallying due to 3rd  and 4th decimals.

We have a lot of tickets logged in and we really need to act very fast.

Since we have this problem for finance transactions , I am going to round off of the amounts in AmoutCur and AmountMST fields in LedgerTrans table  to 2 decimals.

1. Is that advisable?

2. did u face this kind of problems? or how did you tackle kind of problems?.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

subbu