hi

check out 'readcontrols' method of class syssavesetup

regards

harry

eng_mollar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi again Varden,

I am sorry for being so late replaying your message.
Thanks you for your help. I just tried the solution you sent me but
there is a problem in it.

It only returns the main containers on the form not the controls.
Is There any way that I can get all the controls in a container??

Thanks again for your help

Best Regards,

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Varden Morris
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think I have found your solution. On a form the following code
displays the names of all the controls and also set the visible
properties of all the controls to false.

>     int i;
>
>     for (i=1;i<= element.design().controlCount();i++)
>         {
>             info(strfmt('%1', element.design().controlNum(i).name
()));
>             element.design().controlNum(i).visible(false);
>         }
>
> Varden Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think I understand what you are saying. Here is another way you
may access a control on a form without setting the autodeclaration
property to yes:

> FormWindowControl MyControl;
>
> ;
>
> MyControl = element.design().control(control::Accountnum);
>
> MyControl is now a handle to the control with the name Accountnum.
I am not sure if there is any way you may use code to loop through
the control set by using element.design().control but you can do some
experiment or research.

> Varden Morris
> Senior Developer
> WellPoint Systems Inc.
> Suite 2000, 500 - 4th Ave SW
> Calgary, Alberta, Canada
> T2P 2V6
>
> (403) 444-5848 direct
> (403) 444-3900 main
> www.wellpoint.ca
>

> eng_mollar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thank you for your replay.
> my problem is :
> I don't know the controls names.
> The code I want to add will be applied to many forms so i need a
> generic code to loop on the form controls.
>
> In C# or Delphi that was easy as there is an array of controls in
> each form that I can access all controls using for loop.
>
> Is there any thing like that in Axapta (X++)
>
> Thanks alot for your consern
>
> Best Regards,
> Eng. Mollar B. Agaiby
> Senior Developer
>

> --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Varden Morris
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > One way to access a control on a form is to set the Autodeclare
> property to yes. You may then access the control by using its name.
> >

> > Varden Morris
> >
> > Senior Developer
> >
> > WellPoint Systems Inc.
> > Suite 2000, 500 - 4th Ave SW
> > Calgary, Alberta, Canada
> > T2P 2V6
> >

> > (403) 444-5848 direct
> >
> > (403) 444-3900 main
> >
> > www.wellpoint.ca
> >

> > eng_mollar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Hi All,
> > Iam very new to Axapta & X++ code and I need some help.
> >
> > I want to add some code in a form to run when the user opens the
> form.
> > so I used the run method to do so but the problem is:-
> >
> > The code I want to add makes changes to all the controls on the
> form
> > so, I need to access all the controls' handles and I couldn't do
so.

> > I couldn't get access to any control on the form.
> > Can any one help me??
> > I want to add some code to loop on all th form controls and get
> their
> > handle
> >
> > thank you
> >
> > Best Regards
> >

> > Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.

> > Axapta Business finance course Business finance online course
> Business finance class Business finance schools Business finances

> >  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> >     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service.
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> >

> > ---------------------------------
> >  Start your day with Yahoo! - make it your home page
>

> Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.
>

> ---------------------------------

> Axapta Business finance course Business finance online course
Business finance class Business finance schools Business finances

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.

> ---------------------------------
>

> Varden Morris
> Senior Developer
> WellPoint Systems Inc.
> Suite 2000, 500 - 4th Ave SW
> Calgary, Alberta, Canada
> T2P 2V6
>
> (403) 444-5848 direct
> (403) 444-3900 main
> www.wellpoint.ca
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>  Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Yahoo! for Good