Hi again,

Resetting the status when you are still in the RAF status will not
cause irregularities in the financial values. I have tested doing
this several times and it works fine all the time. Give it a try
using a test environment and let me know what happens. :)

Thanks.

-Weng-

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, In Memories
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
>   I just want to check something...
>   the Reset Function in WO. If i have a WO and already posted RAF
and i want to reset this order, will the Reset function cause any
error??? some said that ya at financial value wont appear if reset a
RAF WO due to a Microsoft bug? is that true? any side effect for the
reset in such a case?

>   thanks
>
> weng_real10 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Hi there,
>
> A RAF journal is created if user would like to manually report the
> actual finished goods quantity. Report as finished journal can be
> generated automatically as well, parameter that triggers this can
be
> found in the Production order form when doing update 'Start'.
>
> You can also create a RAF journal w/o the Production module.
> Creation of the journal ban be found in the Item master>BOM
> button>Report as finished.
>
> -Weng-
>
> Hope this helps :)
>
> --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Christoph
> Malherbe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I was in the dark too. Thanks for asking.
> >

> >   _____
> >
> > From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Koh
> Meng
> > Chiat
> > Sent: 27 September 2005 10:03 AM
> > To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Not able to do RAF
> >

> > Hi all,
> >

> > Forgive my ignorare.  Can someone tell me what's RAF journal?
> >
> > "Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > hi Pritam
> >

> > Your conclusion is correct. Please visit my site
> www.systomatics.biz
> > <http://www.systomatics.biz/>  and read the discussion on
> InventMovement
> > class where I have (tried to) explain the logic.
> >

> > **In my case I think when user has deleted un-posted RAF journal
> child
> > reference has not got removed.**
> >
> > This is a bug in standard system and (me thunks) it happens
> because of
> > different cachelookup property on the journal header and journal
> lines. This
> > happens even with BOM journals. I tried to log this call but was
> told it
> > cannot be logged since it cannot be replicated.
> >

> > Right now the only solution is to stop allowing users from
> deleting the
> > journal lines from the header. If they want to delete a journal,
> then click
> > on lines to open the lines form, delete the lines and then
delete
> the
> > header. Simple modification (just change the delete action from
> cascade to
> > restricted)
> >

> > regards
> >

> > harry
> >

> > Pritam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > => Checkbox "automatic addition" on inventory parmaeters is
> checked.
> > => Item or warehouse is not marked for quarantine.
> > => There is no customization done.
> >
> > I think this is the bug as Herry and Gokhan have mentioned.
> >
> > When users make on Production Order with qty 70 it creates one
> > Inventory Transaction line.
> >
> > When users post one RAF journal with qty 5 it splits 70 into 65
> and
> > 5. The status of 70 is Ordered and status of 5 is received.
> >
> > When users create one more RAF journal with qty 9 it splits 65
> into
> > 56 and 9. The status of 56 is Ordered and has no Inventory
> > reference, status of line with qty 9 is also Ordered but
Inventory
> > Reference is filled as "Report as finished Journal".
> >
> > In my case I think when user has deleted un-posted RAF journal
> child
> > reference has not got removed.
> >
> > I have checked the code of RAF update. While picking up
> transaction
> > lines Axapta picks up lines having no reference. Hence quantity
do
> > not balance and throws error.
> >
> > Please suggest any solution to stop this ? Or suggest if above
> > conclusion is wrong.
> >
> > I am using Axapta 3.0 with service pack 3.0
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Pritam Karkhanis
> >

> > --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Harry
> > \(Harshawardhan Deshpande" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > hi
> > >
> > > 1. The problem with the deletion of RAF journal..
> > >     Did you delete the RAF that has been posted ? If yes, then
> > Axapta will keep the child references. If you are deleting RAF
> that
> > has not been posted then Axapta should remove the child
references
> > (in reality it sometimes does not, this is a bug in standard
> axapta).
> > >
> > > 2. Splitting of the inventtrans. Do you have any transactions
> that
> > are registered etc? is the checkbox "automatic addition" on
> > inventory parameters checked?
> > >
> > > 3. second line of 65 where you do not have any reference
number
> is
> > serious. Have you done any modifications?
> > >
> > > 4. I am stumped as to why you should get an error while
posting
> > quantity of zero? Can you reproduce this in standard system? May
> be
> > the problem will go away when you fix the above problem (number
3)

> > > regards
> > >
> > > harry
> > >
> > > Gokhan Can <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url
> > (#default#VML);}w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
> > {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
> > > We faced the same kind of error a lot of times.
> > >
> > > When you create a RAF journal and delete it or we could not
find
> > actually after which action ; Axapta split inventtrans in to 2
> lines
> > and
> > >
> > > Keep RAF referance on Inventtrans ( TransChildRefID and
> > TransChildRefType ) and this is dangling referance.When you
delete
> > that
> > >
> > > Referance from inventtrans probably the problem will be fixed
> but
> > I am asking the same question does anybody know what is the real
> > action
> > >
> > > Cause this error bucause we opened and indicent but could not
> tell
> > the real reason so we could not fix the bug.

> [...]
finance magazine   Business finance schools

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/kGEolB/TM