What is the point of having the control to reject duplicates when you train people how to get around it?  Is it a control then?  What are they supposed to do when they get one; investigate it or simply put on a suffix and process it?

I have had this debate with customers.

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Hemant Kumthekar
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 12:22 PM
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Vendor invoices

Hi,

Apart from what has been said by Girish, you can check out to use Duplicate Invoices with Warning and I know the answer that "users will ignore the warning message". The other method is to keep the AP parameter to reject duplicate invoice per Vendor and during the receiving use the Invoice # with a suffix. The check of duplicate invoice is good for controlling AP, but you can have your AP user trained to see the Invoice number and ignore the suffix while making payments. This is a workaround I have been using in atleast 3 customer sites and so far has been working fine.

Hemant

Girish Bhatkal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

let me know if my understanding of the requirement is
right.
a. The supplier sends the packing slip per order (if
some orders are received in parts then multipe packing
slips are received).
b. the supplier then sends the invoice which has
multple packing included in it (the list of delivery
notes is available on the invoice).
c. now you want to post the invoice by delivery notes.

If my understanding is right, then you need to make
changes to achieve this requirement . Using standard
functionality this cannot be achieved. I remember
there were a few discussion earlier also regarding a
similar requirement.