Hermant,

Just the kind of info a non developer like me needs, thanks for the
quick explantion, it will save time!

Ulrich

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Hemant Kumthekar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I think instead of copying the whole application directory, why
don't you copy the layer file for example  AXyyyLL-cc  where yyy =
layer (cus,var,usr) , LL = Language(Spanish, Englich) , CC = Country
(US, DE)

>   Just a new thought.
>

>   Hemant
>
> Steeve Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   For me, the steps described makes sense.  That's what we do when
moving layers from our Test environment to our QA environment.  But
you still need to synchronise to make sure that any modification to
table definition gets transferred to the database.

> Regards,
>
> Steeve...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] De la part de ulrichtheaart
> Envoyé : 18 décembre 2005 23:51
> À : Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Objet : [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Developing for Client without a
X++ license

> Good Morning
>
> The Client doesn't have a X++ developement license, but we are
doing
> extensive developement for them.
> We are planning to use the following simple approach to make
changes
> to their cus layer. Could i please have some comments on how to
> improve on it, and wheter it makes sense. There is also one
question
> that i need answered.
>
> Step 1. Developement takes place on OUR VAR LICENSE on OUR CUS
LAYER.
> The changes cannot be imported by the customer to any layer except
the
> usr layer, therefore it doesn't make sense to export/import
changes!
> Step 2. The whole application directory is coppied from our
> developement area and pasted onto the customers application
directory.
> Step 3. If the above steps make sense, do we need to syncronise
tables
> or anything else??
>
> Regards, Ulrich
>

> Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.
> Yahoo! Groups Links

>         Business finance course   Business to business finance
Small business finance     Business finance consultant   Business
finance magazine   Business finance schools

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/F9LvrA/dlQLAA/cosFAA/kGEolB/TM