No problem buddy. You are most welcome.

ulrichtheaart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Varden,

That will make the process faster as well, i see the files and will
move them selectively!
Good to know we are not totally of track :-)

Regards
Ulrich

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Varden Morris
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Why not copy just the layer & label files that you make changes
to? If your customer makes changes in the user layer that procedure
with overwrite the changes.

>   Varden Morris
>   Senior Developer
>   WellPoint Systems Inc.
> Suite 2000, 500 - 4th Ave SW
> Calgary, Alberta, Canada
> T2P 2V6
>
>   (403) 444-5848 direct
>   (403) 444-3900 main
>   (403) 615-1604 cell
>   www.wellpoint.ca
>

> Steeve Gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  For me, the steps
described makes sense.  That's what we do when moving layers from
our Test environment to our QA environment.  But you still need to
synchronise to make sure that any modification to table definition
gets transferred to the database.

> Regards,
>
> Steeve...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] De la part de ulrichtheaart
> Envoyé : 18 décembre 2005 23:51
> À : Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Objet : [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Developing for Client without a
X++ license

> Good Morning
>
> The Client doesn't have a X++ developement license, but we are
doing
> extensive developement for them.
> We are planning to use the following simple approach to make
changes
> to their cus layer. Could i please have some comments on how to
> improve on it, and wheter it makes sense. There is also one
question
> that i need answered.
>
> Step 1. Developement takes place on OUR VAR LICENSE on OUR CUS
LAYER.
> The changes cannot be imported by the customer to any layer except
the
> usr layer, therefore it doesn't make sense to export/import
changes!
> Step 2. The whole application directory is coppied from our
> developement area and pasted onto the customers application
directory.
> Step 3. If the above steps make sense, do we need to syncronise
tables
> or anything else??
>
> Regards, Ulrich
>

> Sharing the knowledge on Axapta.
> Yahoo! Groups Links

>         Business finance course   Business to business finance
Small business finance     Business finance consultant   Business
finance magazine   Business finance schools

>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Service.

> ---------------------------------
>

> Varden Morris