I think its not required to give buying and selling
rates on Purchase / Sales orders. We can use common
rate for both.

Because there is not much difference in both the
rates.
These rates keeps on changing through out the day.
Also, different bankers can give us different rates at
the same time. (There might be slight difference in
buying & selling rates of the 2 banks at a given point
of time).

So if we consider buying / selling rate for at the
time of creating sales / purchase invoice, value of
posting will depend on at what time we posted that
invoice.

e.g. If in morning rate is 44.44, we will post it at
this rate. And if in the after noon the rate is 44.35
we will post the invoice at 44.35. Anyway we have not
received the payment.

So its better to take real time conversion rate into
consideration only at the time of realisation of
payment. We can specify the rate (spot rate i.e. rate
at which payment is realised) on payment voucher.
And use same conversion rate for SO & PO.

I hope this clarifies all the doubts.

Regards,

Yogesh Kasat